Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's Been a While!

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged...I have been very very busy! Honestly, I feel like I'm spread a little thin these days, but things should slow down some after June. On top of all of that, my camera is broken, so I don't have any pictures to share! Mom let me use her camera for a while, but I don't have the battery charger so it's dead and therefore useless. 

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon here, but this morning it wasn't quite the case. We're getting in to what's known as the "June Gloom." The mornings are usually pretty cloudy and then by the afternoon things clear up. I guess since I've been so busy I'm a little glad the weather is bad...then no one else gets to enjoy it either! Haha I'm not really that selfish...but then again it is a little of a consolation. 

Yesterday was spent in Hollywood at the Second City which is the highlight of my week. We are really developing as a group and getting in to more complicated classes. Instead of just having fun, we are working on developing emotions and following rules that we weren't following before. We focus a lot on the first 90 seconds of a scene which is really the hardest part of a scene. In the first 90 seconds, the exposition needs to be completely developed -- the who, what, when, where, why and relationships should all be clearly defined, so then you can spend the rest of the scene having fun! We are also learning how to create the "moment of truth" in a scene. In the middle of a scene, the attitude should completely change...or else there is nothing to watch! It's a lot to learn, but we're all picking up on it! 

I just got home from work and I think Jennifer and I may go to the beach for a little bit. I would love to take a nap, but I think I may just sleep on the beach so I can work on my tan! 

I have a little trick to share for you when life gets really busy. I always hate the feeling at the end of the day when there's still so many things left on my to-do list, so a teacher I had in college taught me to make an "I did" list of 10 accomplishments you made that day instead of focusing on what you didn't do. It can be any little thing! Today hasn't been too busy so I'll do my 10 things list from Friday:

1) I did a load of laundry
2) I did the dishes
3) I made my bed
4) I cleaned my bathroom
5) I returned some DVD's
6) I worked 
7) I cleaned out my car
8) I worked out
9) I lifted weights
10) I picked up my room

So there you have it! Some things may not be a huge accomplishment, but at least you're focusing on the positive things you did that day instead of stressing out about what you didn't do. Have a great afternoon!!

-Emily

2 comments:

  1. I woke up.
    Made some coffee.
    Took a shower.
    Worked on bookkeeping all afternoon.
    Almost finished 2006!!!
    Went to grocery store.
    Made pico and guacomole.
    Grilled chicken and flank steak for fajitas.

    MOM
    Emptied dishwasher.
    Loaded dishwasher.

    I'm feeling a little better about myself now.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had quiet time with the Lord and studied about Moses.
    Made bed.
    Got dressed.
    Washed dishes.
    Went to Walmart to get food for luncheon.
    Fixed lunch for Mel.
    Worked crytoquote.
    Took a nap.
    Dusted downstairs.
    Put out display of China things.
    Visited with Kayla and Janis.
    Wrote this list. :)

    Emily, this is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete