Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Fresh Start and Family Visits

So it all started the other day. I made my regular bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch, took a bite, and then looked down to realize that the entire bowl was full of ants!!! I could not run to the sink to spit it out fast enough. GROSS!! Upon further observation, there were a few things in the cabinet full of ants. I threw out those things and hoped that hopefully I'd seen the last of them. Wrong. So finally this week I threw out all of my food, sprayed down the cabinet with Raid, and had to restock the cabinet. Even though it was a little inconvenient, I have to admit that it's a nice feeling to have a new start. I bought lots of new, healthy food! 

Last week, my cousin Thomas called and told me that he and his wife, Jenny, would be in town and had a free weekend! Unfortunately, weekends are probably my busiest part of the week, but we still managed to spend some time together. I picked them up from their hotel on Friday and took them around Santa Monica. We also walked down the Santa Monica Pier because they had never seen it. We got a funnel cake and luckily were able to see dolphins and sea lions! We also went to breakfast on Sunday at my favorite beach restaurant, Patrick's. 

This weekend, my mom is coming in to town! She is coming Friday through Tuesday so it will be a nice trip! I'm trying to plan things out for the visit so we get to see everything. I'm also looking forward to taking off of work for a few days! I haven't had two consecutive days off in as long as I can remember! I'll be sure and post pictures of the trip as soon as I can. Have a great afternoon!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment